Chamomile flowers (Matricaria chamomilla) can be used internally or externally to treat many ailments.
Benefits of Chamomile Flowers:
- Great relaxer or sedative
- Helps to settle the stomach and calm the nerves
- Excellent nervine for children
- Used to treat colic, stress and stomach disorders in children
- Can be added to bath water to ease pain and itching from skin irritations
- Its anti-inflammatory properties can help with Ulcers, Crohn's disease and Colitis
- Helps relieve seasonal allergy symptoms
- Regulates menstrual flow
- Relieves symptoms from drug and smoking withdrawal
- Relieves nausea
- Treats Urinary Tract infections
- Promotes restful sleep, reducing Insomnia
- Relives Bronchitis
- One of the best sources of Niacin, Magnesium and essential fatty acids
- Has a delicious apple flavor!
(Caution: If you have an allergy to Ragweed, Chamomile could aggravate symtoms associated with certain ailments)
(If pregnant, use caution as too much Chamomile could cause spontaneous abortion!) Chamomile is fine in small weak doses such as a diluted tea
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.