Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) is known for it's immune enhancing properties. Elderberries are packed with antioxidants, which help to eliminate free radicals in the body and is the "go to" berry to prevent and treat cold and Flu.
Benefits of Elderberry:
Have more antioxidant properties than Vitamins A or C
- Powerful antiviral properties
- Helps reduce fever by inducing sweating
- Helps to soothe the intestines which can be helpful for all inflammatory bowel diseases
- If ingested early enough, can stop a cold or flu in its tracts
- Treats upper respiratory infections
- Can also be effective in relieving symptoms in other ailments such as Hay fever, Emphysema, Pleurisy, Rheumatism, Sore throat and Sinusitis
They make excellent teas, syrups, jams and great tasting wines!
(Caution: Raw Elderberries may cause upset stomach so you may want to eat them in cooked foods)
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent disease.