Sea moss (Chondrus crispus) is a seaweed also known as Irish moss. It offers 92 of the 102 minerals of which the body is made of. Sea-moss is considered one of the most nutrient and mineral rich foods on the planet making it excellent for the entire body, inside and out. It also provides a wealth of other important nutrients including protein, beta-carotene, B vitamins, pectin, Vitamin C, and Sulpher.
Benefits of Sea Moss
Dissolves phlegm and soothes imflammation of the mucus membranes to prevent congestion, helping to clear out the lungs of any phlem that builds up with a common cold.
- Regulates and maintains healthy blood sugar levels.
- Helps balance thyroid hormones due to high iodine content.
May help to prevent a common cold from turning into pneuonia and can treat other respiratory problems such as Bronchitis.
- Excellent immune boosting food that can be invaluable in the recovery from debilitating illnesses.
- Its high vitamin and mineral content make it the perfect food to replenish and revitalize the body after a long battle with disease.
- High fiber content exerts a mild laxative effect while soothing inflamed tissues within the intestinal tract, providing relief from a whole host of intestinal disorders.
- High gelatin like content soothes the membranes of the digestive tract which helps to ease gastritis, dyspepsia, nausea, heartburn and indegestion.
- Reduces appetite for help with weight loss.
*Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and safe for children. No known drug interactions or side effects.
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.