Nettle leaf (Urtica dioica) aka Stinging nettle is a very nutritious plant. It is rich in a spectrum of vitamins and minerals. Nettle is one herb you never want to be without.
Benefits of Nettle:
Rich in Iron, Calcium, Silicon, Potassium, Magnesium, Protein and Fiber
- Blood purifier which makes it a great treatment for anemia
- Increases the efficiency and function of the Kidneys and the Liver
- Used to treat UTI's
- Has been used as both a preventative and curative for prostate issues
- It's anti-histamine properties make it and excellent remedy for allergies and Hay fever
- Contains astringent compounds that shrink inflamed tissues and stops bleeding
- It's a diuretic making it a great treatment for water retention (Edema) and Gout
- Useful for growing pains in children because of the high calcium content
- Alleviates the symptoms of PMS and Menopause
- Is very high in Chlorophyll content
- Contains Vitamin C & A
Can be used as a great tasting tea, added as a seasoning to culinary dishes, salads to add nutritional value or to make a tincture.
*Safe during pregnancy, while nursing, and safe for children.
(Fun fact: A good remedy for nettle sting is fresh bruised Yellow Dock.)
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated Food and Drug Administration. This information in not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.