Spearmint Leaf (Mentha spicata) is the mother of all mints as it is the oldest mints. Spearmint aids in digestion and stimulates the brain.
Benefits of Spearmint:
- High in antioxidants
- Aids in balancing female hormones
- May reduce facial hair in women
- Lowers blood sugar
- Relieves stomach and menstrual cramps
- Great astringent qualities making it a good treatment for skin wounds, burns and irritations
- Aids in removing gas from the digestive system
- Fever reducer
- Increases blood circulation
- Stimulates memory and brain function
- Effective treatment for migraine headaches
- Great for soothing colicky babies
Can be used as a garnish or in salads. Can used to freshen breath when chewed raw. Enjoy as a tea or in a tincture.
Helpful hint: Combined with catnip, it makes an excellent herb for children with a fever.
*Safe during pregnancy, while nursing and safe for children
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.