Valerian Root (Valeriana officinalis) is considered the safest and most powerful herbal nervines, used for all manners of stress, Insomnia and anxiety. It is also excellent for relieving muscle pain.
Benefits of Valerian Root:
- Soother and depressor of the central nervous system
- Safe natural sedative. Excellent for insomniacs. Non addictive
- Treats heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat
- Reduces hypertension
- Slows the heart rate while increasing the power of the beat, making the action of the heart more efficient and less strained
- Pain reliever
- Has been used as a good natural remedy for ADHD, restlessness and other nervous disorders
- Powerful anti-spasmodic
- Is the very best herbal source of Calcium
- Excellent source of Magnesium
Do not boil this herb. Most if its therapeutic value is in the essential oils and will dissipate. To enjoy as a tea, boil water, remove from heat and steep dried root in 1 cup of water for 5-10mins. Strain and enjoy. Drink 30-60mins before bed.
(Caution: Generally not recommended for children or pregnant women. Do not take with other anti-depressant drugs. Do not take with alcohol or other sedatives. When taking do not operate machinery or drive.) If you become agitated or restless with this herb, discontinue use.
This information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease.